1. The U.S. Army Medical Research Directorate - Georgia website is provided as a public service by the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research.
2. Information presented on this service, not identified as protected by copyright, is considered public
information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes.
This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are
used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical
design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software
programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change
information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other
attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs
are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National
Archives and Records Administration approved records schedule. All data collection activities are in strict
accordance with DoD Directive 5240.01.
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember
your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience.
The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user
activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained
through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies, unless
directed to do so in statute, regulation, or Executive order. The Department of Defense does not keep a
database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out
of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at https://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited
and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information
Infrastructure Protection Act (Section 1030 of Title 18, United States Code).
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please contact us
More information about the Department of Defense's privacy program is available here